Have you come across any worst situation, in which because of some improper power supply connection your Mac system turned off and the Word file on which you were working got corrupted? After such an incident, are you not able to access your Word files as this would turn you into a big trouble? Now are you wondering how to recover corrupt Word files on Mac? Then you are at the correct place, as hard drive recovery application will help you out to get your corrupted Word documents back. In case your Word files are damaged or corrupted on some secondary storage drives then this utility can also perform file recovery on external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory cards and many more digital products efficiently in few easy steps.
Microsoft Word is a powerful application which is included in Microsoft Office suit and these Word files are widely used by the people for various commercial, personal and business sectors. Word file is available in the market with several versions for Windows such as Word 95, Word 98, Word 2000, MS Word 2003, Word 2007 and Word 2010. Even Word file comes up as a separate version for Mac OS X like Word 2004, Word 2008 and Word 2011. In order to maintain data by means of documents, reports, records, etc. these MS Word program are very much useful for the users. Word files created on Mac OS X computers are saved in .doc and .docx file formats and so these Word files are also called as DOC file and DOCX file. Mac operating system allows the Microsoft Word program to facilitate the user by creating documents with attractive looks as you can employ themes, styles Smart Art and a lot more.
The Word documents can save large amount of information and hence you should be more careful while using these files. Though Mac saves these Word files with great security features but still a lot of Mac users across the globe are facing the problem of Word file loss. Listed here are a few causes that would lead to Word file corruption and you may lose your important Word document.
Major factors accountable for Word file corruption on Mac:
- Virus Attack: Severe malware attack on the Mac computer will corrupt the Word files including other stored files as it will delete the internal log files, which would not let the user access their stored files leading to loss of files.
- Volume Header Corruption: This is the most important data structure of Mac OS X. Volume header will store all the vita data essential for accessing volumes. Volume header corruption is mainly due to improper computer shutdown, malware attack, etc. So, if this Volume header gets corrupted the entire Mac volume with your necessary Word files will become unusable causing Word file loss. The only option left to rescue files after Mac Volume header corruption is by employing this recovery software. Here is the recommended site which you can refer to get complete knowledge http://www.harddriverecoveryprogram.com/recover-data-after-volume-header-corruption-in-macintosh-machine.html.
- Apple Partition Map corruption: Pre-Intel Mac uses Apple Partition Map which is a Partitions Map scheme which consists of all the data relevant to the Mac hard drive such as how many number of partitions are present on the drive, what is the location of each volume and how these volumes are saved in the hard disk. If this Apple Partition Map gets corrupted because of frequent power spikes, computer configuration problems, etc. then it would result in inaccessibility of all the volumes of Macintosh hard disk along with the crucial Word files residing in it.
- Improper Formatting: Most of the users format their Mac volume to either speed up their system’s performance or to get rid of malicious viruses. If this process is not executed in a proper manner due to some reason then it could corrupt the existing Word files thereby making the Word files unreadable resulting in data loss.
- Unsecure Third Party Tool: When you install any unprotected tool like antivirus software onto your Mac computer, the application may delete the present files including Word files causing file loss.
Follow simple tips to avoid Word file corruption:
- To prevent unexpected shutdown of the Mac machine make use of strong power source.
- Install reliable antivirus program in your Mac computer and update it regularly to keep the system free from virus.
- Always close the Microsoft Word program after completing the work.
- Save the Word file before turning off the Word application.
- Backup copy must be created so that in case of data loss you can retrieve the lost files.
These safety tips will help you to avoid your Word file from corruption. After that, if still you come across any type of situations in which you lose your important Word file then try hard drive recovery program.
Some key features of hard drive recovery tool:
- This software is going to restore Word file from Mac hard drive after getting corrupt or damage in its original format.
- Can even help you to get back other files such as pictures, video clips, audio tracks and many others.
- The tool provides Find option which will help you to find your significant files from the list of rescued files.
- It has potential to retrieve data from failed hard disk drive and also can efficiently restore lost files from unbootable laptop or computer. In order to investigate more features about hard drive recovery tool simply click here.
- Supports lost Word file retrieval on all versions of Mac OS X 10.5.x, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, etc.
Instructions to get back corrupt Word file on Mac:
Step1: Download the demo version of hard drive recovery tool and then do the installation on your Mac hard disk. Run the tool and choose “Recover Files” option from the main menu as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Home Window
Step2: Now you have to select the Mac volume from where you want to recover corrupt Word files and press “Next” as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Volume
Step3: Once the file retrieval process is done, you can preview the list of restored files as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Restored Files